Tuesday, January 08, 2008

New Year Countdown

So my journey goes. Left Moscow for London on 31st departed at 4.55pm and reached 6.15pm Heathrow airport. My dearie Melissa was already there with David, her bf to fetch me when I finally checked out at 7.30pm. Tee Cheng had already planned for us to eat steamboat at her house. But my plan was to go to the London Eye and watch the display of fireworks. In the end we cancelled her plan and decided to go see FIREWORKS. Yaya :)

My luggages were heavy so we left it at Mel's crib, I got onto a quick shower, met my long lost friend Gurvin who is going to join me for my Euro trip. And left.


The tube station where Mel's place is

The tube was filled with people, drunkards, making a hell of a noise. Wasn't really feeling comfy, but what the heck, it's new year's eve! Surely its a day to celebrate right :) Embankment station was closed in accordance to the flow of the crowd at 11pm so we had to stop down at Blackfriars. A lot of people as well. We followed the crowd to the river side and started...

















TAKING...

















PICTURES... lol



Lovely couple

Saw the London Eye behind?

4 of us


Our view

Display of fireworks wasn't up to my expectation sadly. Maybe it was the angle we were standing. It was just too far to actually see clearly. I wish it was just up above my head, the display of fireworks which I had experienced in the infamous Bintang Walk. Still, it was an experience :)



Poser in the tube

Cheeky Gurvin

We quickly headed back home after that fearing that the tube will be congested again. But on the happier note, it wasn't that congested at all. What a relief! Tee Cheng soon called us to go clubbing. She came over for mah jong instead in the end. Lol. I was hooked on David's psp playing NBA live. I know its lame ok? Got hooked on it while playing at Chong's place the other day. At 430am, we left for Gatwick to...


















ROMANIA

















p/s: Up next, Romania trip...Going to Brighton today..can't wait :)

No comments: