Sunday, March 07, 2010

One thing changes everything

Ever wonder how just a tiny little defect can change the entire scenario? I don't, until I see it with my own eyes.

For example: 

A harmless tube-ride at the opposite park ended up being a freak incident and the victim suffers from concussion, and an injured knee. You end up being hospitalized for over a week and missing those important classes at the last years of your education, surviving those torturous nights on the creaky hospital bed. Imagine the victim being your acquaintance.

A seemingly innocent, gorgeous noon strolling at the park at the peak your vacation and you suddenly got attacked by a thieving motorcyclist. You belongings taken brutally from you, including your personal identifications. You ended up with a losing your cash, going through the hassle of reporting at the police station, applying for a one-way visa, buying the next available flight ticket back and ended up with a large hole in your pocket. Worst of all, you miss almost a month of your classes because of the complicated procedures needed to be done to get your passport and visa done at your home country.

Imagine the person being you. It's hard ain't it. I guess we just need to take good care of ourselves and a sense of hope that we don't end up with the same fate.

p/s: I don't mean to hurt the ones who were mentioned here, just wanted to show you my view about these unpredictable misfortunes. It scares me. It scares me a lot.





No comments: