Thursday, March 05, 2009

Naples

So we finally reached our last stop for Italy, Naples. It is a city in Southern Italy located between two volcanoes, Mount Vesuvius and Phlegraean Fields sitting on the coast by the Gulf of Naples. We reached late noon, checked into our hostel and got ready to walk around the city.




Castel Nuovo, the main architectural symbol in Naples.


Most of the historical treasures were vandalized by the obnoxious teens residing there.
As you can see the marble wall of the Castel Nuovo is filled with scribblings.


Piazza del Phlebiscito, the main city square in Naples.


Again, vandalized.


I saw these 2 little kids playing football at the piazza. I went off to chase after them.


Got permission from their mother to take a picture with them. They are so adorable. hehe.


Naple's port


Spotted a public smooch at a park.


At the coast side.


Mount Vesuvius at the background.


The importance of being camwhores. :P


Now you've got another example :P


This time with the small boats behind.


Full bod.


Love locks with the Mount behind.


Overlooking the other side of Naples with the lamppost.


The picture I took of the port.


Port picture.


Homeless man.

We were actually famished since we didn't really had a proper meal since morning. My stomach was practically begging for me to feed it with food. So Eekim and I went to this Italian restaurant recommended by our hostel with 15% discount.

The hosts were ever so friendly. It is actually a small pizzeria owned by their entire family.


I took a picture with the owner (Man in pink) and his family.


His grandkid. I find him charmingly cute for his age. Haha.
Beware of Amy the pedophile.


The granddaughter. Cute small one.


Cheers with white wine!


Our table.


Them shy kids. Haha.


The dishes


The best spaghetti I have ever tasted my entire life!!!
Forgot what it's called by it has fresh shrimps, mushrooms inside with the most delicious gravy ever!!!


This pizza was also really tasty. Topped with spinach, mozzarella cheese and salmon slices I think!


Presenting to you, the usual Spaghetti Bolognaise. Imagine 2 person eating 3 large portions of dishes. Yea. We did not manage to finish in the end and we requested Spaghetti Bolognaise to be packed for us (It was our dinner the next day).


The owner's son reminded me of Roshan the moment I laid my eyes on him. Haha, couldn't help but to flirt with him a little and took a picture with him. Being an Italian that he is, he kept poking his Iphone in search for the translation for English words as he tried his best to communicate with us. Haha.


Next stop: Beautiful Capri!
You wouldn't want to miss it!

No comments: